About 3 months since the last release and another one is ready. The main news are plugin auto-loading on every OS. The other big change is that invoking a function per frame is possible. This mean that every Avisynth script in existence can now be converted to VapourSynth. It’s also possible to make interesting new ones…
Other notable fixes:
- Opening a VapourSynth script inside a VapourSynth script now works
- Cache size adjustment should work better now
- Requesting an error frame twice no longer causes a deadlock
- Addborders /Blankclip now default to black background color instead of the “zero memory pink”
- No more crashes when Avisynth plugins are passed a colorspace Avisynth 2.5 doesn’t support
The core is mostly complete now (I always keep saying this until I remember something that’s missing). What’s left is mostly some code cleanup and merging simple text drawing into the core. Feel free to take a look at the bug tracker for some simple coding tasks to do. Especially adding constant folding to the Expr filter is a good starter task.
That’s all for this release. Next up will probably be a port of dither tool’s re-imaging of RemoveGrain. And the image writer I keep getting distracted from.